Saturday, October 7, 2017

Things to be thankful for...

Sorry it has been so long since I last updated my post. For the last couple of months I have either had no news to share, or felt a bit down about the things I was going through. As of yesterday though, I feel I have some good news to share, and as always, a lot to be thankful for.

Yesterday I met with my oncologist for the first time in six weeks. We discussed the symptoms and problems that I have been dealing with the past couple of months. For the most part I have been feeling really exhausted, sometimes so much so that it is difficult just to go up the stairs. I have also been finding myself short of breath and really cold all the time. These symptoms are a result of the fact that my hemoglobin, platelets and neutrophils have not been rebounding the way they should, and for this reason I have had to have three blood transfusions in the past six weeks. After looking at all this information together, my oncologist decided it's time for me to take a break from chemo for the month of October. We are hoping that this break will give my body time to recover from the toxicity of chemo and build up it's strength again so that I can continue my fight. I have a PET scan booked for November 1st which will give us a picture of how my body has reacted to chemo. We are hoping to see that all the tumours have continued shrinking!

In the meantime, there has been so much to be thankful for. The best thing in the world has been feeling the love of our family, friends and community. We are constantly surrounded with help and comfort which I know has helped to bring peace to my mind and body.

People continue to blow us away with their thoughtful donations to our family, whether it be food, time or money. One of the sweetest gifts we have received in the past six weeks was from one of my friend's daughters. She is six years old and a good friend of my daughter, Ella's, as well. She decided she wants to help us raise money for our "adventure fund" so she and her brother held a lemonade stand to raise money. Amazing!
Another generous gift we received is from someone we don't even know, but who heard of our situation through Daryl's work. He organizes a golf tournament every year, and this year decided to fundraise for our family as well through the golf tournament.  We will put the money he raised towards our "Adventure Fund" too! It's amazing that there is so many good people around us who just want to help, even if they don't know us!

We wish everyone a fantastic Thanksgiving and hope you get to spend time with your loved ones. As for us, we will be spending Thanksgiving with our family and then the next three weeks relaxing and getting ready for the next stage of my battle.

Ella and Greyson enjoying fall!


Happy Thanksgiving!
Love Jen 

14 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Jen and family xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving, Kim! Hope we can get together this week!

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Jen! It was always brightens my day to see you at gymnastics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! It always brightens my day to see you and the girls too! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  3. You write so beautifully Jen. Your words are filled with so much strength and love.
    Wishing you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bertha! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  4. Our hearts,prayers and love are always with you guys. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to our next visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandon! Hope to get together with you guys soon too! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family. It would be lovely at some point to get the kids together when I bring them to town if you have time.
    Thinking of you,
    Melinda xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from myeloma, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered myeloma in the year 2016 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of bone pain, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the cure to myeloma . I never imagined myeloma has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. myeloma has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
     I was so very sick when I came across someone telling story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
    Dr Itua help me to cure my Bladder cancer, I take his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completed. He resides in west African but I order his herbal medicines through Mail which I received withing 5 days also I was instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally I'm well now.
    I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancerStomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.

    ReplyDelete

Paddling to give back

It's hard to believe that it was about a year ago that I first found out my cancer had come back. To find out that the cancer had metast...