Saturday, August 19, 2017

Good News

I hope this post finds you all well and enjoying your summer as much as we have been enjoying ours!

Since my last post a couple of weeks ago my 'good' days have been fewer because my hemoglobin and neutrophil levels have been so low, that I don't have a lot of energy to be up and about. Today I am going to be having a blood transfusion which I am actually looking forward to. I think it'll provide me with some much needed energy!

In the midst of a couple of "low" weeks, we have had some fantastic news. The CT scan that I had two weeks ago shows that all of my tumours are shrinking which means that the chemo I am taking is working! As much as I do believe in medicine and science, I do also believe in the power of prayer and positive thoughts, so I know that my success so far is owed in part to all the people around us who have been thinking about us and praying for us. This news gives us hope, and also makes all the side effects of chemo feel like they are worth it. We know we still have a long road ahead of us, but we are feeling more optimistic now than ever.
Daryl and I with our long time friends the Woronieckis, Herrings and Neumuellers celebrating our good news!

The amazing news doesn't stop there. We have also had a couple of very generous donations to our family which just go to show how awesome the people in our lives are. The first comes from a team of paddle boarders who recently did a 24 hour paddle to raise money for families dealing with cancer. A good friend of mine, Marlee, suggested to her cousin Scott Burton, one of the paddle boarders, that our family would be a good candidate to receive some of the money they raised. Scott took her up on that suggestion and delivered their generous gift to us last week. After having met Scott, I have now added paddling with him and his group when they do the relay next year, to my list of goals!
My friend Marlee and I with her cousin, Scott, who raises money for families dealing with cancer.

The second very generous donation has come from our BC Hydro and IBEW union family, whom Daryl has been lucky enough to work for and with for the past 13 years. So many of the people that Daryl has worked with over these years have raised money together for our family and then went to the union, who matched the donation. We can't even express how thankful we are for such an amazing gift. It is not only the money that we are thankful for but also the care, compassion and empathy that blows us away. We are forever indebted to you.

These donations will be put to good use. Though my treatments through the Cancer Agency are covered by our medical system, many of the alternative treatments that I am trying are not. Since both Daryl and I have been off work this summer it has not been easy to pay for all of the 'extras' that have gone along with treating this disease.

We are so thankful to our community of family, friends, co-workers, practitioners and those that we have met so far along this journey. You all continue to take part in my healing and we are forever grateful.

Love Jen




14 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!! Keep up the good work Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all such wonderful news!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear that your chemo is working....just the news you need to keep moving forward!! And yay for fundraisers!!! Man do they take the stress of not working away! I hope to keep hearing good news from you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! It does feel so good to get good news. Keeps me moving forward! I hope to keep hearing good news from you too!

      Delete
  3. What a blessing to read this. I saw an owl yesterday on our walk through Houston trails. I couldn't help but think of you and how it must be watching over you during this difficult time. Keep up your amazing spirit. Sending YOU so much love. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! You are right, I feel like those owls are watching over us too. ❤️

      Delete
  4. So wonderful to hear Jenn! Keep up your positive spirit! Nice to hear about the generosity of people as well, you guys deserve it! 😘 Think about you guys often xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing and wonderful news all around! Your spirit, strength and positivity are truly inspiring. Thank you for keeping us updated. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts :)
    ❤️ April, Johnathon, Maya & Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Perkins family! I am going to miss seeing you guys when school starts. Keep me posted! ❤️

      Delete
  6. Such uplifting news Jen! You are certainly experiencing the ups and downs, highs and lows of the treatment with incredible strength and power...you are amazing! You continue to inspire me with your positive spirit and are always in my thoughts! Much love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gisele, you and my parents, as well as your "running" friends, continue to inspire me as well! Much love back at you! ❤️

      Delete
  7. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
     I was so very sick when I came across someone telling story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
    Dr Itua help me to cure my Bladder cancer, I take his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completed. He resides in west African but I order his herbal medicines through Mail which I received withing 5 days also I was instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally I'm well now.
    I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancerStomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.

    ReplyDelete

Paddling to give back

It's hard to believe that it was about a year ago that I first found out my cancer had come back. To find out that the cancer had metast...