Thursday, November 9, 2017

A Healing Journey

As most of you know by now, our family loves a good adventure! So in October, as soon as we were given the news that I had time off of chemo, we decided to go to Portugal and Spain. It was such a healing and positive journey for us. The sun and the change of scenery helped me to feel human again. All the needle marks on my arm started to fade, I was able taste food again, and I was no longer nauseous or cold. But best of all, we were just being a “normal” family. No appointments or tests to worry about or to get in the way of just enjoying each other and the spectacular scenery around us. We are so thankful for that time together.  So many people contributed to our "adventure fund" and for that we will be forever grateful. It was the break that we so desperately needed and it gave me the strength to come home and face my PET scan and MRI.

Yesterday was the big day, the day I got the results from the PET and MRI. To say we were nervous was to put it mildly, but at the same time I felt confident that the results would be good. They were very good. Better than I could have ever hoped. The scans show no active cancer. Yep, your heard me right. No active cancer!!!! There is no sign of the cancer that was in my lymph nodes, clavicle, lungs or brain. In the area of my sternum, where the cancer had gone into my bone, there is a shadow that they think is sclerotic or hardened tissue.

Now, before I, or anybody gets too far ahead of themselves I have to add this disclaimer: this news does not mean I am cancer free. What it does mean is that my cancer is under control for the moment. It is still going to take years of treatment to keep the cancer under control. We also found out yesterday, through the POG trial, that I have a very highly agressive type of cancer that will probably try to come back. But whatever. The news I received yesterday has shown me that I am strong enough to beat it back if it tries to rear its ugly head again.

So for now, we are enjoying our awesome news and celebrating a successful battle. I am going back to do two more rounds of chemo (which will take about six weeks), but it will be so much easier to do so knowing how effective the treatments were for me.

Thank you so much for your prayers and positive thoughts. The love that surrounds us has given us so much strength and comfort.

Love Jen

Ella, Greyson and I at Bengali beach in Portugal

Our family on a horse and carriage ride in Sevilla, Spain 

Our family in Sagres, Portugal

6 comments:

  1. Dear Jen, So thankful to read this awesome news! Praising God for answering prayers. Praying that these next rounds of chemo will not be so hard on you. Glad to see that you had a great time in Spain and Portugal with your family! Thinking of you always! We should get together soon. Love Trichelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are SO happy for you and your beautiful family! You have and will continue to be in our prayers, always!
    And fantastic pictures btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you. Awesome news. And proud of you too.
    Chris Meades

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from myeloma, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered myeloma in the year 2016 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of bone pain, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the cure to myeloma . I never imagined myeloma has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. myeloma has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
     I was so very sick when I came across someone telling story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
    Dr Itua help me to cure my Bladder cancer, I take his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completed. He resides in west African but I order his herbal medicines through Mail which I received withing 5 days also I was instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally I'm well now.
    I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancerStomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.

    ReplyDelete

Paddling to give back

It's hard to believe that it was about a year ago that I first found out my cancer had come back. To find out that the cancer had metast...