Thursday, August 3, 2017

Adventuring On

Sorry it has taken me so long to update my blog. Summer has been busy and mostly wonderful for our family, as I hope it has been for you and yours.

Once again I need to start by saying that our family has been overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity shown to us by our friends, family and community. Our freezers are full of food given to us by teachers at my school as well as by many of our friends. We continue to have a wonderful house cleaner who comes to our house every second week, paid for by the teachers at my school, who helps to take care of the cleaning around our house so that we can spend more time doing things that matter. Knowing that we are so supported by the people around us has helped to buoy our spirits even in spite of any less than positive news we have received.

We found out a few weeks ago that I do have a spot of cancer on the right frontal lobe of my brain. This was not the news we were hoping for. The good news, though, is that the cancer does not seem to be impacting the tissue around the tumour, nor am I having any symptoms attributed with it. So we continue to be thankful and hopeful and positive that the chemo is working and will shrink all of the tumours, including the one in my brain. This Saturday I am having a CT scan which will determine if the chemo is, indeed working.

I am seeing not only a super knowledgeable and amazing oncologist, Dr. Gelman, but also a fantastic naturopath, Dr. Mcleod, who specializes in integrative cancer support. Both members of my cancer team, as well as my Dad, who beat his own cancer 35 years ago, have helped me to see that I need to embrace and even love chemotherapy, as it will be my cure. So for now, I am staying positive. I will admit that on days that I feel my worst, it is really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I do have at least three "hard" days per week where the effects of the chemo are overwhelming, but on those days I try my best to remember that I am feeling awful because the chemo is working and doing its job.


Since I do have three or four good days per week I have still been able to do all of the activities I love. Those activities include three of my passions; camping with my kids and our friends, paddle boarding and eating Mexican food! I have even been able to go out and dance the night away with my wonderful friends. I will leave you with some pictures of the fun we have had so far this summer.

Love Jen
Me with my son Greyson, my nephew Eli and my daughter Ella at White Pines Beach

Paddling with my friend Jay and our kids at Osoyoos Lake at the beginning of July

A family portrait, by Jacqueline Dance Photography, at Rolley Lake

A group of me and my friends before a night of dancing

Me reading the kids a bedtime story at Hicks Lake

Daryl and Ella out fishing in the kayak at Hicks Lake

After a great paddle across Hicks Lake with Daryl and the kids

At White Pines Beach with my parents, my sister Katie, Greyson and my nephew Eli

Paddle boarding with Laura and Jay at Rolley Lake
Out for dinner and a walk with Carly, Sush and Silke
 
Our family at Campbell Valley Park, by Melissa Anderson Photography

11 comments:

  1. Such a great family! You guys are surrounded by people who care so much about you. Keep enjoying the summer guys and thanks for the update. Whenever you are feeling up to another visit please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandon! And thanks again to Cheyenne who is such a great cook!

      Delete
  2. Jen! Monica's mom here. I am so sorry to hear this news (how did I not know!?!?) but completely blown away by your spirit and determination. I know you say that you are well taken care of, but I would be most grateful if I can ever do anything to help. Gift cards, grocery shopping, whatever. May your health recover quickly. Love, the Whelton Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! We are well cared for so we really don't need anything but support and prayers. Your message means a lot to me and it's so nice to hear from you. XO

      Delete
  3. Btw, we know how busy you all are but the phone lines are always open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Jen, Daryl, Ella and Greyson...keep on with the great adventures...absolutely amazing family and friends...nothing but positive thoughts from the Chadwick family! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chadwicks! We love you guys so much!! Your support has been amazing!! Everything from messages and phone calls to a mobile spa, visits and taking care of our kids. Have I mentioned you guys are amazing?? XOXO

      Delete
  5. Dear Jen;
    Thank you for the update. The pictures are beautiful and it is obvious that you are surrounded by love. May you continue to receive the strength and whatever else that you need as you continue on this journey.
    Love and prayers,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
     I was so very sick when I came across someone telling story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
    Dr Itua help me to cure my Bladder cancer, I take his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completed. He resides in west African but I order his herbal medicines through Mail which I received withing 5 days also I was instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally I'm well now.
    I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancerStomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.

    ReplyDelete

Paddling to give back

It's hard to believe that it was about a year ago that I first found out my cancer had come back. To find out that the cancer had metast...